Because of you, others thrive.
Donate personal care items, household items, new clothing or cleaning supplies.
Give our heroes in need hygiene kits, household items, cleaning supplies and new clothing.
Help families, individuals and veterans make their new house feel like a home by donating new housewares.
Help provide struggling veterans and families food and household items.
Help those involved in the justice system return home and become productive members of the community.
Help brighten a child's birthday in your community by donating birthday party supplies.
Hold Your Own Donation Drive
Whether it’s your company, club, family, school or place of worship, you can help others in your community by organizing a donation drive. Your donation of basic necessities is a blessing and a gift to those less fortunate . Download printable donation drive checklist here.
Are you ready? Let’s change lives!
Here’s a quick guide to help you get started on a successful campaign:
2. Decide when you will begin and end your drive.
Don’t forget to set deadlines. People respond to time limits. Create a sense of urgency and get those donations in.
3. Communicate! Post flyers, supply lists and/or links to coordinating online wish lists to get people informed and excited. Hang on walls, send in emails, place in newsletters, post on social media, ask colleagues and mention in meetings.
4. Encourage your vendors, partners, coworkers, friends, and family to participate.
• Collect donation items
• Hold 50/50 raffles to collect money to buy needed items per our supply lists
• Offer employees “dress down” option in trade for donations
• Encourage friendly competition to see which teams or groups can collect the most items
• Get creative!
5. Set up collection boxes in well-trafficked areas with clearly-marked messaging about the drive. Make sure those near the boxes are well informed of the drive so they may answer any questions the boxes may cause to arise.
Send us some photos! (Be sure to get permission from those in the photo.) We can post on social media! Or post social media yourself and tag us so we can repost the fun.
Search 'Volunteers of America Ohio & Indiana'