The holiday season is upon us!
With Thanksgiving coming up this week and the December holidays just around the corner, we’re here to remind you that your table centerpieces don’t need to break the bank.
The holiday season is upon us! With Thanksgiving coming up this week and the December holidays just around the corner, we’re here to remind you that your table centerpieces don’t need to break the bank. Whether you’re looking for something fun and funky, classy and elegant, or something that just gets the job done, VOA Thrift locations are stocked with options for your holiday needs.
DIY Holiday Centerpieces
- Glass or Ceramic Piece + Something Fresh: This is probably your best bet if you’re in a rush. Just look for the pan, pot, or bowl with unique features and add flowers, pumpkins, or greenery. For the fresh part, visit your local grocery store, flower shop, or orchard.
- Layer Up: Look for a glass bowl or jar (something you can see through), and layer up decorations or fresh items you already have.
- Trays: You can also score an easy centerpiece by finding a holiday-themed or colored tray! Just set in the middle of your table and add your appetizers, cookies, bread, or other food item that is shared throughout the table. Adding decorations to the tray works too!
- Creative Colanders: This option is for the creative folks out there! Look for a colander of any size, turn it upside down and add greenery through the holes of the colander. Add a pop of color with holly berries, oranges, acorns, or small pumpkins – attach with skewers or toothpicks as needed.
- Upside-Down Drinking Glasses: Find a set or mix-and-match glasses to feature as your centerpiece. Turn the glasses upside down and put a small something festive inside, similar to a snow-globe look. You can use decorations or even colored candy, though you may not want to turn those upside down.