It’s Christmas week, and Thrift is here to help with all your last-minute holiday needs.
In this week’s blog, we’re here to help you get ready to ring in the New Year in style!
It’s Christmas week, and Thrift is here to help with all your last-minute holiday needs. Still in need of table decoration ideas? Check out our holiday blog here. In a pinch on wrapping paper? Try using some fun fabric instead! Learn all about Furoshiki here.
In this week’s blog, we’re here to help you get ready to ring in the New Year in style! Keeping it casual or dressing up to ring in 2022, no matter your plans for the evening, VOA Thrift is stocked with options to help you celebrate new beginnings.
Here are some trends to follow when looking for your NYE outfit at VOA Thrift:
- Say yes to sequins. Whether they’re pants, tops, shawls, blazers, or purses, say yes. New Year’s Eve is the time for sequins in all forms. Bright or muted colors fly here because they all sparkle!
- Tights and a miniskirt. This fall trend is great to repurpose for winter and NYE with darker colors. Grab a dark miniskirt (bonus points if it has sequins) and pair it with dark tights.
- LBD. If all else fails, the little black dress is a classic for New Year’s Eve! Dress it up for the occasion with a little sparkle – jewelry, clutch, or sequined jacket/blazer.
- Leather jacket + dark jeans. This option can be a go-to for NYE plans of all kinds. Go more upscale and pair with a dress shirt or keep it low key with a solid color v neck shirt.
- Blazers of all kinds. On New Year’s Eve, you can’t go wrong with a blazer – whether it’s loud and colorful, classic, modern, or casual, it’s the night for blazers. Pair with jeans for a more casual look, or dress pants if you’re feeling fancy.
- Turtleneck. A turtleneck paired with a collared blazer is a very classic look for NYE. Add a pocket square to the blazer and you’ll be on the VIP list for sure.
Whether you’re planning to have an active night full of dancing, or a cozy dinner for two, you can find the threads you need at VOA Thrift. No need to break the bank ringing in the New Year!