Your car donation helps individuals, families, and veterans find their full potential.
Here’s what to do:
- Fill out donation form -or- call us at 1-800-862-6030.
- Once submitted, we will contact you to schedule your FREE Pick-Up.
- Your title will need transferred to Volunteers of America! Transfers will need to be notarized for WATERCRAFT ONLY. Can’t find a notary, schedule an appointment with our Notary. More on notarizations at the bottom of page.
- We’ll provide you with the necessary receipts and tax documents
- Your vehicle will be sold at our Auto Auction.
- Proceeds from your vehicle will give hope in your community!
*Due to the passing of House Bill 567, the Ohio Title no longer needs notarized when donating your vehicle, excluding watercraft. All watercraft donations will still need to be notarized.
Why donate a car to Volunteers of America?
We Accept Almost Anything
Seriously! We accept almost anything with motor: cars, trucks, motorcycles, lawnmowers, jet skis, boats, RVs— even airplanes.
You could receive a greater value for your vehicle as a charitable contribution on your tax return than you would by selling it.
Help People Thrive
You’re helping to build a more vibrant community. Your car donation will help men, women, families, veterans and homeless individuals find their full potential.
Help Your Community Thrive
Not only can you help others thrive through donating your car, you can also attend an Auto Auction. All proceeds go towards programs and services to help those in need.
Transferring A Title
To transfer the title of a vehicle donated to Volunteers of America Ohio & Indiana, simply follow these instructions.
- Fill in the word “DONATION” for the price of the vehicle.
- The Transferee’s/Buyer’s name:
Volunteers of America
- The Transferee’s/Buyer’s address is:
5640 W. Broad Street
Columbus, OH 43228
- The six (6) empty boxes under the Odometer Certification must have the actual mileage of the vehicle listed.
- The next section must be filled out (For watercraft it must be in front of a Notary Public and Stamped and Signed by the Notary):
- Transferor’s/Seller’s printed name
- Transferor’s/Seller’s signature
- Transferor’s/Seller’s printed address
After the title has been completely filled out and signed (stamped by a Notary for watercraft), the donated vehicle can be scheduled for pick-up with our towing company.
*Due to the passing of House Bill 567, the Ohio Title no longer needs notarized when donating your vehicle, excluding watercraft. All boat donations will still need to be notarized.