Learn how to make the most of every thrift store shopping trip. Need a new interview outfit? The best Halloween costume ever? Kicking off an exciting home makeover? We've got the tips you need to find all the treasures our stores have to offer.
How to be the Best Thrifter Ever
Whether you're new to the magic of thrifting or are a seasoned thrifting pro here's a look at what you can expect at Volunteers of America thrift stores.
Thrifty Chic Date Night Look For Under $20
Columbus fashion blogger Candace Read shares her thrifting adventure and how she found a chic date night look for less than $20.
The Secret Truth About Thrift Stores
It shouldn’t be a big secret how thrift stores operate, sort donations and how much they value the clothes and household items donated by community members like you.
Furnish your home for under $100 at the thrift store
Shop on a budget while maintaining your style at any of our Ohio thrift stores.
6 Easy DIY Punny Halloween Costumes
Pun costumes can be clever and funny ways to stand out among the sea of ghosts and witches this Halloween.
How to Stock your Spring Closet on a Dime (while giving back to your community!)
In one easy trip to your local thrift store, you can donate your old clothes and go on a new spring clothes shopping spree that won’t break your piggy bank.
8 Thrift Store Hacks From a Professional Thrifter
Capri, from Craftinista Girl, shares her tried and true thrifting tips that will help you save you time, money and find hidden gems within the thrift store aisles.
- Thrift Stores: Stores that sell donated and gently used items.
- Thrifters: The folks that seek out thrift stores for economical shopping. They may be on the hunt for vintage items or shopping for their homes and families.
- Thrifting: The shopping for, and donating of items at the thrift stores.
- Betters: Designer items for sale in thrift stores. Yes, you can find your favorite designers, artists, and brand names at the thrift store.
- Bricky: Everything that isn't clothing, e.g., picture frames, glassware, pots and pans, etc.
- Half-Price Tuesday: (The best day!) On the last Tuesday of every month, all thrift items are 50% off. Check out how these people turned their finds into a payday of their own!
A FEW FUN FACTS:
- 100% of our proceeds support programs to help those in need.
- About 3,000-4,000 new items are added to the sales floor each day.
- 80% of the merchandise on the sales floor is $2.99 or less. (Imagine the damage you could do on Half-Price Tuesday!)
- No item is on the sales floor for longer than 6 weeks.
Monthly communications with thrifting tips, DIY ideas, and upcoming sale dates!