Who should I donate my car to?
Five common questions when donating your car in Cincinnati.
Choosing a worthy charity to donate to can be difficult. You’re faced with a slew of questions: Where will my money go? How much is my car donation worth? Is my donation tax deductible in Ohio? Volunteers of America of Greater Ohio is transparent and eager to help you find the answers to all of your donation questions. Take a look at five of the most common questions folks face when searching for a reputable charity in Cincinnati.
- Is your charity 501(c)(3) certified? Yes. Volunteers of America has a 501(c)(3) public charity status. This means we are organized and operated exclusively for charitable purposes and none of our revenue goes to any one individual or shareholder.
- Do your programs and services truly fulfill a need? Without a doubt. Our programs and services in Cincinnati benefit everyone from homeless veterans to at-risk children. This includes Operation Backpack® benefiting local students, the Volunteers of America Veterans Resource Center and much more. Every penny of your donation helps us support those in need.
- Is Volunteers of America trustworthy? As a 501(c)(3) charity, we’re not only government-regulated, but also transparent. You can be certain that 100 percent of the sale price of your vehicle helps us support those in need in Greater Ohio.
- Is car donation with Volunteers of America easy? Absolutely. We depend on car donations to keep all of our programs and services running, so we make donating your vehicle in Cincinnati as painless as possible. All you have to do is head to our short auto donation form to give online. We can also help you obtain a duplicate title if you’ve lost yours and even provide free towing. Don’t forget, we’ll accept nearly anything with a motor – boat, RV, motorcycle, tractor – even if it hasn’t run in years.
- Will I receive a tax benefit? The DMV encourages all donors to research their prospective Ohio charity to ensure that they will receive a tax benefit for their donation. And you can feel confident knowing that when you donate your vehicle to Volunteers of America, your contribution is tax-deductible to the fullest extent of the law. You could even receive more than you would sell it yourself. With low-value donations, you can claim the fair market value of your car up to $500. If we sell your vehicle for more than $500, you’re entitled to claim the full sale price.
Ready to donate your car in Cincinnati? Give us a call (800) 862-6030 or fill out our online donation form to schedule your pickup now. For more information, please visit our auto donation FAQ page. Don’t wait to help veterans and children in your area find hope.