Since the last Tuesday of the month falls on Christmas, a day when we'll be closed, we're moving up our sale day a week earlier.
Debbie's Thrift Guide
I'm Debbie. I'm your guide to the ultimate thrift store experience. Learn how to make the most of every thrift store shopping trip. Need a new interview outfit? The best Halloween costume ever? Kicking off an exciting home makeover? I've got the tips you need to find all the treasures our stores have to offer. I'll always share them with you here, so follow along and become a master thrifter, just like me.
How to be the Best Thrifter Ever
Whether you're new to the magic of thrifting or are a seasoned vet, like me, here's a look at what you can expect at Volunteers of America thrift stores.
Look your best and find the clothes you need for any life event at the thrift store.
See how these Ohio thrift bloggers find their treasures!
Shop on a budget while maintaining your style at any of our Ohio thrift stores.
- Thrift Stores: Stores that sell donated and gently used items.
- Thrifters: The folks that seek out thrift stores for economical shopping. They may be on the hunt for vintage items or shopping for their homes and families.
- Thrifting: The shopping for, and donating of items at the thrift stores.
- Betters: Designer items for sale in thrift stores. Yes, you can find your favorite designers, artists, and brand names at the thrift store.
- Bricky: Everything that isn't clothing, e.g., picture frames, glassware, pots and pans, etc.
- Half-Price Tuesday: (My favorite day!) On the last Tuesday of every month, all thrift items are 50% off. I know, a total steal, right? Check out how these people turned their finds into a payday of their own!
A FEW FUN FACTS:
- 100% of our proceeds support programs to help those in need.
- About 3,000-4,000 new items are added to the sales floor each day.
- 80% of the merchandise on the sales floor is $1.99 or less. (Imagine the damage you could do on Half-Price Tuesday!)
- No item is on the sales floor for longer than 6 weeks.