3 Thrifty Ways to Dress up your Thanksgiving Table
Even if your Thanksgiving dinner is looking smaller this year, it doesn’t mean you can’t have a beautifully decorated table. Here are a few simple DIY ways to make your dinner table a showcase for Thanksgiving.
1. DIY table runner. Skip the standard tablecloth and opt for a long piece of fabric instead. If you’ve never hit up the textile section of our thrift stores, now is the time. Find a pattern that speaks to you and check out how to make this easy no-sew DIY table runner from Homey Oh My.
What you’ll need:
- Two-sided fusible tape – this adhesive will hold your fabric pieces together for easy adjusting and re-adjusting before you iron it in for good.
- 2.5 yards of fabric for a 70-inch table. If your table is a different size use this formula to figure out how much fabric you need: Table Length in inches + Total overhang in inches = Total inches of fabric you need at a minimum.
2. A simple centerpiece. Your centerpiece doesn’t have to be expensive or take you much time to make. Find a great wicker basket from our thrift store, then fill with leaves, pinecones and even candles. You can also find fake flowers at our thrift stores if you’re going for a more floral look at your table.
What you’ll need:
- Thrifted wicker basket
- Fill to taste including and not limited to:
- Fake flowers
- Small pumpkins
3. Place settings. Mix and match complementary colors, find a fun pattern, or gather up all the matching dinnerware you can find at our thrift stores. Stack plates from larger to smaller to create the multi-course setting of your dreams. Get as fancy as you want without breaking the bank.
Find a store near you today and make your best DIY Thanksgiving table. Share your table with us on social by tagging us @voathrift on Facebook and Instagram or #voathrift.